Thursday, June 11, 2009

Working on the course

I am working on my course of mental disorders now almost every day, and I can say that I meet your working time estimation, Anne Karin and Grete Oline, now much more than I did in the first weeks :-) In order to be ready on the deadline I have a lot to do on the course, and I think now I am working on the e-pedagogy-course approximately 12 to 15 hours per week. And I am not sure if I can make it. To prepare these things costs so much time!
I want the first week - the absolute beginning and the pre-start-week - to be the first part of my course program to be evaluated in the final assignment, because I am convinced that the start of the program is the most important part of it: the "first sight". If this goes wrong I will lose the students right from the beginning. So I am really trying very hard to make everything as clear, precise, helpful as possible. Even if there is a lot of material in our course of e-pedagogy we can use or we can take as a model, it still costs so much time to adapt it, structure it, fit it to the course we have to build... at least that´s my opinion, but I am curious about the reflections of my colleagues on this topic.
One thing I wasn´t really able to do is to cut the curriculum plan down to two pages. How is this for you, Mark and Wim? And Anne Karin and Grete Oline, because the curriculum plan in the e-pedagogy-course is three pages, is it ok not to reduce the curriculum plan too much? Because in its form now I am really satisfied with my curriculum plan and I don´t want to delete anything, but I would have to, if I had to fit it down to two pages.
Today I also received Anne Karins feedback on my trigger, and it is very useful feedback! It will help me to further the use of my trigger in my course, and I will do so when I work on my course week about eating disorders.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexander! Just a brief comment while I am working with Feedb-back on task 7: You can of course keep the Curicullum plan as it is, if you feel it would miss important things if you reduce it. I think we one place said 2-4 pages; to give an hint about how extensive the curriculum should be; not to be a vary strict request!
    Grete Oline

    ReplyDelete