Friday, May 29, 2009

Giving feedback

As task 5b we had to give feedback to one of our fellows´ curriculum plan. that was very similar to a practice we had during our campus week. then we had to give feedback on written tasks we did not know the authors of. this was pretty easy for me, especially because the feedback was not written to the author and it was not written on the internet.

now, when I had to give feedback to Marks curriculum plan, it was a little bit different, because now it was clear that he will read my feedback, and that with every "critical point" I will probably cause some emotions on his side, and furthermore perhaps the need to invest more work. working means time, and time is of high value, so I felt the strong obligation to follow our feedback rules in a most proper way: honest feedback, but clear and constructive and precise, with ideas how to use it. I hope I did this in an according way.

What I experience nevertheless is this: if you are to publish your feedback on the internet, it is not so easy to really be honest as if you just write your feedback for your own papers or directly to the author.

So far Mark didn´t comment on my feedback, but I hope he will do so, as well as the teachers, so that I can see if my feedback is useful or not, and if not why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment