Monday, April 27, 2009

First post-campus-week

I am in the middle of the first week of teaching in Mannheim after the Bergen experience, and I am using some of the stuff right now in my courses. First thing I used was google-docs. it is so easy, really! one thing I already used in my courses is the internet and a website with a download section, where I uploaded materials my students need. for example time schedules. the process up to now was as follows: make the schedule with word, convert to pdf, upload to my site, give a name. when there was something to chance (for example because of a change of a topic on a specific date) I had to do it all one more time: correct word document, create pdf, delete old version on my site, upload new version, give name. now I make this with a google-doc, and "share" as a website, insert the link to the website on my site, and that´s it! every time something changes I just modify the google-document, and everything is up to date! really cool :-)

another thing: yesterday in a seminar I used a film as a trigger. and this time I "forced" the students to reflect on the film sequence, not only "watch and relax and one comment thereafter". it was productive, even if they were a little bit reluctant, but that was to be expected, because they are not used to it. It works, and I will keep on working with those modifications. we will see!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alexander,

    I like to read about your first experiments. It is very good that you can use this already and see that it works real good.
    I opened the googledoc on our task 4 and it looks good. Today I am going to read a little bit of the reading list, so when I have some important ideas, i will write it down in the part you made.
    So back to work now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexander. I am so happy to hear that you already have found ways to use some of the "new tricks of e-teaching" in your real life teaching! That a brilliantway combing the Studeny/teacher role :)
    Looking forward to hear/read/ see what more you will experience these next days"
    Grete O

    ReplyDelete